Please read the folder entitled: Puppy Adoption
to ensure your understanding of the high quality of care and careful planning that goes into each puppy here at Rehoboth. Our desire is to bless you with the best dog we can possibly give you. Our business name represents our family name and our God, and we desire to do our very best.
Animal Adoption Contract
Buyer Agrees to the following:
If you place a deposit and / or purchase a puppy/dog/livestock from Rehoboth Farms of NC LLC, you agree to the following terms of this contract.
1. Buyer agrees to see a state certified vet within 72 hour Grace Period upon puppy pick up. If you want to return the puppy during this time period, buyer agrees to return puppy at buyer?s expense. You cannot return the puppy after 3 days (unless to surrender the animal) and seller is not responsible for any expenses that arise in the 3 day grace period or after.
2. Buyer agrees that the Breeder is not responsible at any time for any veterinary bills or any other financial expense, or for any health-related issue, related to the puppy/dog once the puppy leaves our premises, or that may be the result of an animal purchased from Rehoboth Farms of NC LLC. Rehoboth Farms of NC LLC has no control over animal?s care, feeding, housing, exercise, medication, etc. after animal leaves our premises; therefore Buyer agrees that Breeder shall not be held liable in any way whatsoever for any health-related issues after leaving our premises. Buyer shall not request ?replacement puppy? should original puppy experience health-related issues after leaving our premises.
Additionally, puppies raised in a kennel environment will often contract worms, either from contact with puppy feces or simply by nursing from their mother, which can in itself transmit certain types of worms. Treating puppies for worms is very common, and Rehoboth Farms of NC LLC treats our puppies at least 4x with Pyrantel Pomoate between 3-8 weeks of age. Buyer agrees not to return puppy simply because puppy has an easily treatable condition such as worms. Buyer's vet should easily be able to diagnose and prescribe any of a number of good deworming meds to treat the puppy. Deworming is a continual, lifelong treatment for dogs, especially those living outside guarding livestock.
3. Buyer agrees to continue inoculations based on veterinarian?s care.
4. Buyer agrees to continue to treat for worms, parasites, heart worm, rabies, mosquitoes and fleas.
5. Buyer agrees to never abuse, neglect, tie or chain dog, or leave the puppy/dog in a kennel/crate for a long period of time, unless for nightly sleeping, or training.
6. Dog should have access to outdoors daily. Buyer agrees to give puppy/dog daily exercise for the rest of puppy/dog?s life.
7. Buyer agrees to properly take care of the dog: feed a high quality, high energy large puppy food formula, puppies should eat a high protein puppy formula 3-4 times daily for 12-18 months, provide water at all times, and proper shelter from the elements.
8. Buyer agrees to keep puppy on a natural diet that is high in protein and fat (min 27% protein / min 15% fat), made for a large breed dog that contains no wheat, no soy and no corn for the rest of dog?s life.
9. If Buyer cannot properly take care of puppy / dog, Buyer agrees to contact Breeder to surrender the puppy / dog, giving Breeder first right of refusal. If Breeder does not have facilities available to properly care for the puppy / dog on the property, or for any other reason, Breeder is not required to take the puppy / dog back. If Breeder takes the puppy / dog back, Breeder will re-home the puppy / dog. No monies will be reimbursed. Breeder is not responsible for any reason for taking back puppies / dogs after 30 days off Breeder property.
10. Should Breeder agree to take back a female dog originally purchased with Full AKC Registration / Breeding Rights, and said female dog is pregnant, Breeder will not ?split? proceeds with Seller who is surrendering the female dog. All proceeds from sale of litter belong solely to Breeder.
11. The Buyer shall have the puppy spayed or neutered before it reaches the age of eight (8) months, unless given permission by Seller (Full Registration adoption only).
12. The Buyer shall not sell the puppy, or its offspring (if any), to any individual or establishment in the business of buying and selling puppies for a profit.
13. Buyer agrees that Breeder is not responsible, financially or otherwise, for any damages that puppy / dog causes to Buyer, Buyer property or Buyer possessions.
14. Buyer agrees that any refunds or damages due shall not exceed the purchase price of the animal purchased, not to exceed purchase price of animal(s).
15. Buyer agrees that the venue for any legal action shall be Chatham County, NC.
16. There are unforeseen circumstances whereby a Rehoboth Farms of NC LLC breeding line may lose AKC Full Registration Breeding Rights, and in such case, if Buyer purchases AKC Full Registration Breeding Rights, and Rehoboth Farms of NC LLC should lose AKC Full Registration Breeding Rights in said breeding line after Buyer purchase, Breeder shall not be held liable in any way whatsoever for any reason should Buyer not be able to sell offspring as ?AKC Full Registered? puppies, or stud out a male purchased from Rehoboth Farms of NC LLC , and said offspring not be able to be sold as ?AKC Full Registered? puppies. Buyer agrees that any refunds or damages due shall not exceed the purchase price of the animal purchased.
17. By making a deposit, or purchase of any animal, Buyer agrees to the terms listed in the Animal Adoption Contract.
18. Deposits are refundable within three days of deposit date only. After three days, deposits are non-refundable. No exceptions. Please consider non-refundable policy if your search for a new puppy is urgent or time-sensitive. Rehoboth Farms of NC LLC may not be able to provide a puppy from the first litter on which you place a deposit, if the litter does not produce enough puppies to fill Buyer?s order [for example, if Buyer has 4th Selection Male, and litter produces only three male puppies, or if a puppy passes away after being born, or for any other unforeseeable reason or reason beyond our control].
19. If Buyer for personal reasons cannot remain on the original litter list and needs to postpone to a later litter, Buyer has right to roll deposit over to future litters of other dogs, for up to two years from deposit date. Buyer understands that buyer will be subject to Rehoboth Farms puppy price-increases if prices have gone up after withdrawal date.
20. Should a litter not produce enough puppies to fill Buyer?s order, Buyer has right to roll deposit over to future litters of other dogs, for up to two years from deposit date.
21. Complete purchase price is non-refundable if buyer must back out of puppy purchase after puppies are born. If Buyer must back out of Puppy Purchase, Buyer has right to roll complete purchase price over to future litters of other dogs, for up to two years from deposit date.
22. Buyer agrees to pay Remaining Balance Due within one week of puppy litter date of birth. If payment is not received, Rehoboth Farms of NC LLC reserves the right to re-home your puppy to another buyer. We will move your deposit, and any other fees paid, to a future litter, less $150 re-homing fee.
23. Buyer agrees to respond to Puppy Selection within one week of pictures being posted on website. If we do not hear from you within one week, Rehoboth Farms of NC LLC reserves the right to re-home your puppy to another buyer. We will move your deposit, and any other fees paid, to a future litter, less $150 re-homing fee.
24. Buyer understands that Rehoboth Farms of NC LLC reserves the right of 1st Selection Male and / or 1st Selection Female from any and all litters, for breeding purposes. Decisions on keeping a male or female from any litter are made when the litters are born. Buyer understands there is the possibility of Buyer moving down one spot on the Selection Order should Breeder decide to keep a puppy for breeding purposes.
25. Buyer understands that should the need arise to move other buyers from other litters that did not produce enough puppies to fulfill their order, into the Buyer?s litter, that may result in Buyer moving down in the Selection Order. This is the only way, in working with unpredictable litter sizes, that we can fairly provide for all Buyers.
Breeder Agrees to the following:
1. Breeder agrees that buyer is purchasing a purebred Great Pyrenees puppy/dog and Breeder will furnish litter registration papers upon puppy pick up (or as breeder receives from the kennel club). Payment must be paid in full to receive registration puppy / dog and papers.
2. Breeder guarantees that puppy has had proper care to date and has seen our veterinarian by 8 weeks of age. Puppy has received first round of immunizations (Novibac Puppy Parvo/Distemper) and has been de-wormed twice (Pyrantel Pamoate).
3. Breeder will provide Health Records and Health Certificate.
4. Breeder is not responsible if puppy/dog contracts a communicable disease after leaving breeder's possession. The puppy/dog/livestock is now in your care.
5. Breeder is not responsible for any expenses/financial liabilities that arise in the 3 day grace period or any time after, or that may be the result of an animal purchased from Rehoboth Farms of NC LLC.
6. Breeder agrees that any refunds or damages due shall not exceed the purchase price of the animal purchased.
7. Breeder agrees that the venue for any legal action shall be Chatham County, NC.
By making a deposit or purchasing any animal from Rehoboth Farms NC LLC
(puppy/dog/livestock), buyer agrees to these terms.